I'm pretty sure you know the feeling.
That feeling of doing the work of three people, giving everything, you’ve got to your work and STILL not getting that payrise.
Maybe you have seen your co-workers progress, get promotions and payrises . Maybe you even tried to talk to your boss about it, but you’ve heard ‘we don’t have resources right now’ or ‘we don’t discuss payrises outside of annual reviews’.
You might be thinking:
- My boss knows best when it’s time to give me a payrise
- My company would pay me more if I deserved it
- I would get promoted if I worked harder
- I am not doing enough to get a payrise
- I haven’t been long enough in the company
This is FALSE! The truth is:
- Your boss has a million other things they focus on, to think about payrises
- There might be a long procedure to approve payrises in your company so your boss doesn’t bother unless someone asks
- Your company is trying to pay the least possible for any role
- Your promotion is dependant on how you are selling yourself, not how much hard work you do – so working harder or doing more will not help you
- Most companies don’t offer payrises for continuous employment outside of the inflation adjustments (usually 2-3% per annum)
So how do you get a payrise? Click below to get your FREE guide “7-steps: How to ask for a payrise and get it”,
Are you ready to commit to working towards that payrise? Checkout my “How to ask for a payrise and get it” workbook.